Best-selling in Digital Cameras
Save on Digital Cameras
- £715.00Trending at £745.79
- £1,627.55Trending at £1,689.07
- £1,675.67Trending at £1,785.78
- £1,124.00Trending at £1,148.65
- £395.22Trending at £597.05
- £1,219.00Trending at £1,264.52
- £386.99Trending at £396.03
About this product
- Product InformationThe Leica M9 is a type of high-quality digital camera that lets you take photographs that look professional even if you’re not a pro. It features a sleek-and-compact build and comes with intuitive shooting modes and menu options. Designed for the serious photographer, the Leica M9 camera utilizes manual focus lenses. It's also equipped with a choice of manual and aperture-priority exposure modes that produce high-quality images. These pictures have a distinctively film-like, almost three-dimensional look to them. Its 35mm, full-frame CCD sensor delivers crisp, clear, and high-resolution stills under all lighting conditions. This makes for pristine image quality at all times. The 2.5-inch LCD is clearly visible under all lighting conditions for an easier shooting experience. These Leica cameras were the first in the world to shoot with a 24-millimeter by 36-millimeter format sensor. The cover glass at the front of this Leica camera assists with the elimination of infrared light contamination. The body for this rangefinder camera comes in a sleek black that will work nicely with nearly all your equipment. These cameras have a continuous shooting speed of two frames per second. The ISO range for these digital cameras extends from 80 to 2,500, which is essential when taking pictures in different lighting situations. All photos taken with this Leica device are captured in the RAW format. When you wish to transfer photos from the Leica digital camera to your computer, an included USB 2.0 port makes it easy. The metering feature is center-weighted, and the minimum shutter speed for the camera is four seconds. Any photo you take with this model of camera can be stored on an SD or SDHC memory card. The Leica M9 camera comes equipped with a hot-shoe flash. The flash controls include manual and slow synchronization modes. At 18 megapixels, each photo you take with this Leica device will be crystal clear and highly detailed. With the inclusion of a lithium-ion rechargeable battery in this digital rangefinder, hundreds of photos can be taken between charges. These Leica cameras are compatible with all Leica M lenses, as they offer the same angle of view as film cameras. The premium CCD on this camera allows lenses such as these to emulate digital photography lenses. A useful self-timer is included on this full-frame device, allowing you to position yourself in the picture before the image is snapped. You'll find that the special function for cleaning the manual sensor on the Leica will also come in handy. With just the click of a button on the viewfinder menu, the shutters will snap shut and cleaning will commence. This device weighs in at 1.29 pounds, making it easy to carry along with you anywhere. The light weight also ensures a high degree of portability even on lengthier shoots. While this particular camera was designed with the professional in mind, the menus are simple and intuitive to use.
- Product Features
- Full-frame 24 x 36 mm capture without any compromises
The combination of an extremely high-resolution sensor, high performance M lenses and careful processing of the digital picture data provides the best picture results under all conditions. The CCD sensor in the LEICA M9 with 18 million pixels, allows the utilization of the full 35 mm format. The sensor of the M9 uses a newly developed cover glass to eliminate infrared light contamination and allows the utilization of existing Leica M lenses without loss of image quality. The use of external UV/IR filters is not required.
- Intuitive controls
The simple handling and menus of the LEICA M9 allow the photographer to concentrate on taking pictures, not the controls. The key control element of the M9 is an intuitive four-way switch and dial combination used in conjunction with the 2.5-inch LCD monitor on the back. To set the ISO sensitivity, simply maintain light pressure on the ISO button while simultaneously turning the dial to select the required setting. All other functions important for everyday situations are quickly and easily accessible by pressing the set button - white balance, image-data compression, resolution, exposure correction, exposure bracketing, and programmable user profiles. The user profiles can be programmed with any combination of camera and shooting settings, stored under an assigned name, and accessed quickly whenever required for a particular situation.
- Full-frame 24 x 36 mm capture without any compromises
- Camera TypeRangefinder
- Sensor Resolution18.0MP
- Screen Size2.5"
- Sensor Size24 x 36mm
- Sensor TypeCCD
- Lens For SDBody Only
- Max Shutter Speed1/4000 sec
- Min Shutter Speed32 sec
- Exposure compensation3 1/3 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps
- Exposure RangeEV 0-20 ( ISO 160 )
- Exposure MeteringCenter-Weighted
- Exposure ModesAperture-Priority,Bulb,Manual
- Light Sensitivity80-2500
- Light Sensitivity Max2500
Memory / Storage
- Supported Flash MemorySD Memory Card,SDHC Memory Card
- Viewfinder TypeOptical
- Optical Viewfinder TypeReal-image
- Viewfinder Magnification0.68x
- Dioptric Correction Range-3 to +3
- Depth1.5 in.
- Height3.1 in.
- Width5.5 in.
- Weight20.6 Oz.
- Display TypeLCD
- Display RotationBuilt-in
- Screen DetailsLCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.5" - color
- Display Size2.5"
- Connector Types1 x USB
- Expansion Slot1 x SD Memory Card
System Requirements for PC Connection
- Operating System SupportedApple Mac OS X 10.5,MS Windows Vista,MS Windows XP
- Battery Form FactorManufacturer specific
- Still Image FormatDNG (RAW),JPEG
- Additional FeaturesAutofocus,Face Detection
- Special EffectsBlack & White
- Continuous Shooting Speed2 frames per second
- Exterior ColorBlack
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.