All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an ethnographic study of varmakkalai, or 'the art of the vital spots,' a South Indian esoteric tradition that combines medical practice and martial arts.
- Author BiographyRoman Sieler has a PhD in cultural anthropology from South Asia Institute, Heidelberg University (2011) as well as experience in development cooperation with regard to health issues in South Asia. His research interests include siddha medicine and the transmission and practice of non-institutionalized forms of health care in India, especially bonesetting and other forms of manual medicine. Currently, Sieler is Assistant Professor of anthropology at the South Asia Institute, where he coordinates the MA program Health and Society in South Asia. He is also an affiliate postdoctoral researcher at the French Institute of Pondicherry, India.
- Author(s)Roman Sieler
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication25/06/2015
- GenreAlternative Belief Systems
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note24 illus.
- Weight592 g
- Width162 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £5.17
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £10.25Trending at £11.34
- £12.10Trending at £13.55
- £10.87Trending at £12.71
- £4.50Trending at £6.01
- £23.94Trending at £24.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.