CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £6.27Trending at £7.73
- £7.26Trending at £8.12
- £8.77Trending at £9.30
- £6.42Trending at £6.76
- £4.00Trending at £6.99
- £12.49Trending at £13.16
- £7.00Trending at £8.12
About this product
- DescriptionContends that the study of letter-writing theory, which bridges rhetorical theory and grammatical studies, represents a discipline in need of definition. This volume sketches the contours of epistolary theory and collect the historic and bibliographic materials - from Isocrates to email - that form the basis for its study.
- Author BiographyCarol Poster is an associate professor of English at York University in Toronto. Poster has won the 2003 Kneupper Award for best article in Rhetoric Society Quarterly and the 1997 Gildersleeve Prize for best article in American Journal of Philology. Linda C. Mitchell, a professor of English at San Jose State University, is the author of Grammar Wars: Language as Cultural Battleground in Seventeenth and Eighteenth Century England and coeditor of Studies in the Cultural History of Letter Writing.
- PublisherUniversity of South Carolina Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2007
- GenreUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleStudies in Rhetoric/Communication
- Place of PublicationSouth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of South Carolina Press
- Content Note9 illustrations
- Weight621 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byCarol Poster,Linda Mitchell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.