All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by Thomas Hobbes and first published in 1651, Leviathan is widely considered the greatest work of political philosophy ever composed in the English language. This edition, which uses modern text and relies on large-sheet copies from the 1651 Head version, includes interpretive essays by four leading Hobbes scholars.
- Author BiographyIan Shapiro is Sterling Professor of Political Science at Yale University and Henry R. Luce Director of the MacMillan Center for International and Area Studies. His many books include Democratic Justice and The Moral Foundations of Politics, both published by Yale University Press.
- Author(s)Thomas Hobbes
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication09/07/2010
- GenrePolitical Science & Theory
- Series TitleRethinking the Western Tradition
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Weight544 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byIan Shapiro
- Introduction byIan Shapiro
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £13.39Trending at £13.78
- £4.41Trending at £4.52
- £25.99Trending at £28.18
- £8.94Trending at £9.26
- £14.54Trending at £15.21
- £23.93Trending at £24.69
- £10.78Trending at £11.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.