All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEdwin M. Stanton (1814-1869), one of the nineteenth century's most impressive legal and political minds, wielded enormous influence and power as Lincoln's Secretary of War during most of the Civil War and under Johnson during the early years of Reconstruction. William Marvel offers a detailed reexamination of Stanton's life, career, and legacy.
- Author BiographyWilliam Marvel's many books include A Place Called Appomattox, Andersonville: The Last Depot, Lincoln's Darkest Year, and Tarnished Victory.
- Author(s)William Marvel
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2015
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleCivil War America
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Note22 halftones, 3 maps
- Weight1025 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine43 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.71
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.89Trending at £12.96
- £5.89Trending at £6.34
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.