All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLinear systems theory plays a broad and fundamental role in electrical, mechanical, chemical and aerospace engineering, communications, and signal processing. This book presents an introduction to systems theory with emphasis on control.
- Author BiographyPanos J. Antsaklis received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Brown University, where he was a Fulbright Scholar. His main research interests are in the area of systems and control, particularly in linear feedback systems and intelligent autonomous control systems, with emphasis on hybrid and discrete event systems and reconfigurable control. He is currently Professor of Electrical Engineering at the University of Notre Dame. He has held regular and visiting teaching and research positions at Imperial College of the University of London, Brown University, Rice University, MIT, the National Technical University of Athens, and the Technical University of Crete, Greece. Dr. Antsaklis has been awarded a departmental outstanding teacher award and has been a keynote speaker at a number of conferences. He is also a Distinguished Lecturer of the IEEE Control Systems Society. Dr. Antsaklis has authored a number of publications in journals, conference proceedings, and books and has coedited five books as well. He has served on the editorial boards of several journals, including the IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, and the Journal of Discrete Event Dynamic Systems, and he has been the guest editor of special issues in these and other journals. Dr. Ansaklis has served as program chair and general chair of major systems and control conferences, and he is an IEEE Fellow and the 1997 President of the IEEE Control Systems Society. Anthony N. Michel holds a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Marquette University, as well as a D.Sc. in Applied Mathematics from the Technical University of Graz, Austria. He has extensive industrial and academic experience, and his main research interests are in control systems, circuit theory, neural networks, and applied mathematics. He is currently the Frank M. Freiman Professor of Electrical Engineering and Dean of the College of Engineering at the University of Notre Dame. Dr. Michel has coauthored five books as well as a number of journal articles, conference proceedings, and conference books. He is a former editor of the IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, and he has held a variety of positions on the editorial boards of the IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing, and Neurocomputing, as well as other journals. He is a past president of the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society and has served on the executive committees of several professional organizations. Dr. Michel is also the recipient of numerous professional awards. He is a Fellow of the IEEE. In 1984 he received the IEEE Centennial Medal, and he also earned three IEEE paper prizes. He spent 1992 as a Fulbright Scholar at the Technical University of Vienna, and, most recently, he received the 1995 Technical Achievement Award of the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society.
- Author(s)Anthony N. Michel,Panos J. Antsaklis
- PublisherBirkhauser Boston Inc
- Date of Publication27/10/2005
- Language(s)English & English
- GenreEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSecaucus
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBirkhauser Boston Inc
- Content Note6 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1461 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 1997. Corr. 2nd printing 2005
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.41Trending at £7.35
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £7.47Trending at £7.58
- £6.20Trending at £6.93
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
- £6.77Trending at £7.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.