All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn September 4, 1957, after the Supreme Court struck down racial segregation in public schools, Arkansas Governor Orval Faubus called up the National Guard to surround Little Rock Central High School, preventing black students from going in. This title offers a landmark of American history.
- Author BiographyKaren Anderson is professor emeritus of history at the University of Arizona. She is the author of Wartime Women: Sex Roles, Family Relations, and the Status of Women During World War II and coauthor of Present Tense: The United States since 1945.
- Author(s)Karen Anderson
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication10/11/2013
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitlePolitics and Society in Modern America
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note12 halftones.
- Weight571 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.40Trending at £10.46
- £22.57Trending at £34.94
- £10.10Trending at £11.44
- £14.58Trending at £20.94
- £14.24Trending at £14.61
- £10.50Trending at £14.12
- £9.99Trending at £10.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.