All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMeg, Jo, Amy and Beth - four 'little women' enduring hardships and enjoying adventures in Civil War New England.
- Author BiographyLouisa May Alcott wrote her first novel, The Inheritance, at age seventeen, but it went unpublished for nearly 150 years until 1997, after two researchers (Joel Myerson and Daniel Shealy) stumbled across the handwritten manuscript in the Houghton Library at Harvard University. Of course, Ms. Alcott is best known for a different novel, Little Women, which she wrote in two parts. The first volume, alternately titled Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy, was published in 1868, and the second volume, Good Wives, was published in 1869. Like Jo in Little Women, Louisa also wrote many blood and thunder tales, which were published in popular periodicals of the day. She did not openly claim authorship for many of these Gothic thriller stories, however: for some, she used the pseudonym, A. M. Barnard ; for others, she chose to remain completely anonymous.
- Author(s)Louisa May Alcott
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePenguin Clothbound Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight665 g
- Width138 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Introduction byElaine Showalter
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.44Trending at £4.78
- £8.36Trending at £15.33
- £13.11Trending at £15.00
- £12.77Trending at £13.46
- £5.17Trending at £6.94
- £6.54Trending at £8.97
- £4.15Trending at £6.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.