All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContains stories that explore dimensions of the human landscape, including tales inspired by the midrashic tradition of biblical interpretation, which investigate the eternal human drama through the prisms of scripture, history, and folklore.
- Author BiographyJacob G. Rosenberg was born in Lodz, Poland, the youngest member of a working class family. After the Germans occupied Poland, he was confined with his parents, two sisters and their little girls to the Lodz Ghetto, from which they were eventually transported to Auschwitz. Except for one sister (who committed suicide a few days later), all the members of his family were gassed on the day of their arrival. He remained in Auschwitz for about two months, then spent the rest of the war in other concentration camps. In 1948 he emigrated to Australia with his wife Esther; their only child, Marcia, was born in Melbourne. Rosenberg has published three books of poetry in English, including My Father's Silence and Twilight Whisper, as well as three earlier volumes of prose and poetry in Yiddish: Snow in Spring, Wooden Clogs with Snow, and Light - Shadow - Light.
- Author(s)Jacob Rosenberg
- PublisherThe University of Alabama Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2007
- Place of PublicationAlabama
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Alabama Press
- Weight204 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £6.27Trending at £7.73
- £7.26Trending at £8.12
- £8.77Trending at £9.30
- £6.42Trending at £6.76
- £4.00Trending at £6.99
- £12.49Trending at £13.16
- £7.00Trending at £8.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.