All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the nexus between crime and space, examining the complexities that exist in policing, prosecuting and punishing crime in different zones. The various authors draw upon original knowledge and insight and utilise innovative research and an interdisciplinary approach to their work.
- Author BiographyAlistair Harkness lectures and researches in Criminal Justice at Federation University. Between 2002 and 2010 he was a member of Victoria's Legislative Assembly representing Frankston in Melbourne's outer south-east. Before entering parliament, he taught Australian politics and police studies at Monash University. His primary research interests are in farm and rural crime, with a particular emphasis on farmer-victimisation, rural crime prevention and rural policing responses. He also has a secondary interest in parliamentary representation and Australian State politics. Bridget Harris lectures and researches in Criminology within the School of Behavioural, Cognitive and Social Sciences at the University of New England. She recently completed her PhD at Monash University and was previously a Research Fellow at the Centre for Rural Regional Law and Justice at Deakin University. Her work is interdisciplinary and explores access to and spaces of justice, and includes issues of family violence, legal advocacy, lower courts and policing. David Baker is Program Leader of Criminal Justice at Federation University. Previously, he worked for two decades in Police Studies, Criminal Justice and Criminology at Monash University. He is the author of Batons and Blockades: Policing Industrial Disputes in Australasia and Police, Picket-lines and Fatalities: Lessons from the Past. His research interests include major event policing, policing of dissent, police histories, police unionism, comparative criminal justice, and labour history. He was a member of the International Consortium on the Police Use of Force and an associate investigator for the ARC Centre of Excellence in Policing and Security.
- PublisherFederation Press
- Date of Publication17/12/2015
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationAnnandale, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintFederation Press
- Weight368 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byAlistair Harkness,Bridget Harris,David Baker
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.