All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £7.95Trending at £8.35
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £4.98Trending at £5.61
- £14.67Trending at £15.26
- £3.99Trending at £4.14
- £16.13Trending at £20.14
About this product
- DescriptionFocuses on the institutionalization of 'local' concerns where the 'local' is the site of ideas and issues, and how these in turn influence us. This book captures the vibrancy of cultural processes through a range of things that are a part of daily life spanning Hindi films, vernacular press, metropolitan club culture, and medical advertisements.
- Author BiographyDr. Partha Pratim Basu received his Ph D in Political Science from University of Calcutta. Presently he is a Professor of International Relations, Jadavpur University. He has also served as Departmental Chair; Director, School of Media, Communication and Culture; and Coordinator, PG Diploma Course on Human Rights at Jadavpur University. His publications include Press and Foreign Policy in India, North-South Relations: A Postcolonial Research Agenda (co-author), Revisiting Rammohun Roy's Political Agenda, Democracy and Democratization in the 21st Century (co-editor), Locating Cultural Change (co-editor) apart from several book chapters and articles contributed to edited volumes and national and international journals of repute. Ipshita Chanda is Professor at the Department of Comparative Literature, Jadavpur University, Kolkata. She has been member of Faculty Team in the International Faculty Exchange Programme of the Virginia Council for International Education and the Virginia Community College System, 2008-2009, tenable at the John Tyler Community College at Midlothian and Chester, USA. Her list of books/journals includes Packaging Freedom Feminism and Popular Culture (2003), Selfing the City: Single Women 'Outsiders' and the Practices of Urban Life (forthcoming).
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication31/03/2011
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byIpshita Chanda,Partha Pratim Basu
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.