All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA translation of this classic account of the art of memory and the logic of linkage and combination, the two traditions deriving from the Classical world and the late medieval period, and becoming intertwined in the 16th Century. From this intertwining emerged a tradition, a grandiose project for an 'alphabet of the world' or 'Clavis Universalis'.
- Author BiographyPaolo Rossi is Emeritus Professor of the History of Philosophy at the University of Florence, and Fellow of the Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei. Stephen Clucas is lecturer in English and Humanities at Birkbeck College, University of London.
- Author(s)Paolo Rossi
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication03/01/2006
- Series TitleAthlone Contemporary European Thinkers S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight420 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Translated byStephen Clucas
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew ed of 2 Revised ed
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.88Trending at £5.14
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £11.14Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.