All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work is the first to study the gentlemen's clubs that were an important feature of the Late Victorian landscape, and the first to discover the secret history of clubmen and their world, placing them at centre stage, detailing how clubland dramatically shaped 19th and early 20th-century ideas about gender, power, class, and the city.
- Author BiographyAMY MILNE-SMITH is an Assistant Professor of History at Wilfrid Laurier University, Canada.
- Author(s)Amy Milne-Smith
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication16/11/2011
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight520 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £25.27Trending at £26.14
- £16.76Trending at £20.49
- £10.16Trending at £14.39
- £11.45Trending at £11.51
- £9.48Trending at £10.15
- £9.72Trending at £12.99
- £6.45Trending at £12.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.