All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf one had looked for a potential global city in Europe in the 1540s, the most likely candidate would have been Antwerp. Using his discovery of a network of Chinese merchant shipping routes on John Selden's map of China, the author reveals how London also flourished because of its encounters, engagements, and exchanges with East Asian cities.
- Author BiographyRobert K. Batchelor is associate professor of history at Georgia Southern University.
- Author(s)Robert K. Batchelor
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication11/02/2014
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note43 halftones
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.70
- £6.19Trending at £6.42
- £4.67Trending at £5.15
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.88Trending at £12.93
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
- £12.39Trending at £13.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.