All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCarter and Ralph Stanley - the Stanley Brothers - are comparable to Bill Monroe and Flatt & Scruggs as important members of the earliest generation of bluegrass musicians. This biography of the brothers documents that Carter (1925-1966) and Ralph (b 1927) were equally important contributors to the tradition of old-time country music.
- Author BiographyDavid W. Johnson has written about popular and traditional music for fifty years. His article on the Carter Family was included in Best Music Writing 2004.
- Author(s)David W. Johnson
- PublisherUniversity Press of Mississippi
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- GenreBiography: The Arts
- Series TitleAmerican Made Music Series
- Place of PublicationJackson
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Mississippi
- Content Note116 black & white photographs
- Weight494 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.54
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £10.20Trending at £11.86
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £13.91
- £5.02Trending at £6.51
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.