All listings for this product
Best selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £13.58Trending at £25.99
- £9.59Trending at £10.25
- £7.87Trending at £8.30
- £5.76Trending at £6.02
- £11.95Trending at £15.13
- £7.30Trending at £14.11
- £8.39Trending at £16.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis biography of Lord Hailsham, details his political career from its start in the Oxford by-election of 1938. It describes his joining of the cabinet just before the Suez crisis and how he remained a strong presence in every Tory government until his retirement.
- Author BiographyGeoffrey Lewis was born in 1929 and educated at a Rudolf Steiner school, Taunton School and Trinity Hall, Cambridge, where he read History and Law. He practised law as a partner in Herbert Smith, the City solicitors, in London and Hong Kong for more than thirty years. In 1988 he was appointed the Hong Kong Government's special adviser on stock market legislation in the wake of the 1987 crash, and in 1991 he became the first Legal Director of the Hong Kong Airport Authority. Political history has been one of his most consistent interests and on his retirement he was at last able to fulfil a lifelong ambition to write biography. He is the author of a life of Lord Atkin, the distinguished Judge, published in 1987, as well as Carson: The Man who Divided Ireland and Balfour and Weizmann: The Zionist, the Zealot and the Declaration which Changed the World. He is married with four children.
- Author(s)Geoffrey Martin Lewis
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication03/09/1998
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date19/07/2016
- Content Note1
- Weight580 g
- Width154 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.