All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHelps students in understanding the important theoretical perspectives and specific models of adaptation to loss. This work assumes that loss and change are normal processes which occur within a social and cultural context, and the reader is introduced to historical and cultural perspectives which illustrate the diversity of approaches to loss.
- Author BiographySheila Payne is a health psychologist with a background in nursing. She is Reader in Health Research and Director of the Health Research Unit at the University of Southampton, a multidisciplinary group undertaking research in health and social care. Her main research interests include psychological aspects of palliative care, bereavement, and elderly care. Sandra Horn is Director of the MSc in Health Psychology at the University of Southampton. She has a long interest in bereavement and its associations with health, and has previously written a book on coping with bereavement for the lay public. Marilyn Relf is Bereavement Service Manager of Sir Michael Sobell House Bereavement Service. She has worked in palliative care for 17 years and her experience spans the development, co-ordination and evaluation of volunteer bereavement services. She is President of the Bereavement Research Forum and has previously co-written a book on counselling terminally ill and bereaved people aimed at health care workers.
- Author(s)Marilyn Relf,Sandra Horn,Sheila Payne
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/1999
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleHealth Psychology
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Notereferences, index
- Weight252 g
- Width60 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine3 mm
Best selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £59.99Trending at £68.06
- £8.68Trending at £10.45
- £14.08Trending at £16.29
- £22.31Trending at £23.75
- £11.00Trending at £13.14
- £6.92Trending at £7.38
- £31.74Trending at £32.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.