All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClinging to a rugged hillside in the lush valley of Sparta lies Mistra, one of the dramatically beautiful Byzantine cities in Greece, a place steeped in history, myth and romance. This title tells the story of this once-great city - its rise and fall and its place in the history of the Peloponnese and the Byzantine empire.
- Author BiographySir Steven Runciman (1903-2000) was one of the most acclaimed and influential historians of the Byzantine era. From 1942-45 he was Professor of Byzantine Art and History at Istanbul University, where he began research on what would lead to his most famous work, the 3-volume 'History of the Crusades'. He wrote several other highly-praised works, including Byzantine Civilisation, The Sicilian Vespers, The Fall of Constantinople and A Traveller's Alphabet.
- Author(s)Steven Runciman
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/2009
- GenreAncient History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTauris Parke Paperbacks
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £25.27Trending at £26.14
- £19.84Trending at £20.49
- £10.16Trending at £14.39
- £11.89Trending at £16.99
- £9.48Trending at £10.15
- £9.72Trending at £12.99
- £6.45Trending at £12.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.