All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFlying out of India, a light aircraft is hi-jacked and flown into the high Tibetan Himalayas. The passengers on board anxiously await their fate, among them Conway, a talented British consul. But on landing they are unexpectedly conducted to a remote valley, a legendary paradise of peace and beauty, known as Shangri-La. Have they been kidnapped?
- Author BiographyJames Hilton was born in Lancashire in 1900, the son of a headmaster. His best known books, Lost Horizon and Goodbye Mr Chips, were written during the thirties, a period which afforded him great commercial success and enormous popularity. Lost Horizon was made into a blockbuster Hollywood film in 1937. For a time, Hilton was highest paid screen-writer in Hollywood and he won an Academy Award in 1942 for his work on the screenplay of Mrs. Miniver. Hilton continued to write novels throughout his career. He died in 1954.
- Author(s)James Hilton
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVintage Classics
- Weight182 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- nabilkha725 Jun, 2016by
Thank you so much.. it was reached before its time. 😊☺
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.38Trending at £5.04
- £1.99Trending at £2.41
- £7.63Trending at £7.99
- £7.77Trending at £9.46
- £7.27Trending at £7.37
- £2.99Trending at £3.11
- £16.26Trending at £20.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.