All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe untold story of the complex word battles fought by the creators of the first Oxford English Dictionary.
- Author BiographyLynda Mugglestone is fellow in English at Pembroke College, Oxford. She is the author of Talking Proper: The Rise of Accent of Social Symbol (2nd ed, 2003), and has published widely on nineteenth-century language and literature. She broadcasts regularly in the UK.
- Author(s)Lynda Mugglestone
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication11/03/2005
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note8 b&w illustrations
- Weight685 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.