All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFeaturing works from three of contemporary artist Luis Jacob's recent exhibitions in Canada, this book focuses on the art museum as the frame, influencing the way the audience views and interprets the art. It questions what lies behind the picture and proposes another dimension to art that is the viewer's encounter with it.
- Author BiographyLuis Jacob is an artist, rising in popularity, who lives in Toronto, Canada. Working as artist, curator, and writer, his diverse practice addresses issues of social interaction and the subjectivity of aesthetic experience. Solo exhibitions include: Pictures at an Exhibition, Museum of Contemporary Canadian Art (Toronto); Without Persons, Art in General (New York City); Tableaux Vivants, Fonderie Darling Foundry (Montreal); Group exhibitions include: Haunted: Contemporary Photography/Video/Performance, at the Solomon R. GuggenheimMuseum (New York) and Dance with Camera, Contemporary Art Museum (Houston) and Institute of Contemporary Art, University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia); and documenta12 (Kassel).
- Author(s)David Liss,Luis Jacob,Marie Fraser
- PublisherBlack Dog Publishing London UK
- Date of Publication28/02/2013
- GenreIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Dog Publishing London UK
- Content Note150 illustrations
- Weight1179 g
- Width220 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £7.45Trending at £8.02
- £29.50Trending at £42.63
- £27.37Trending at £28.88
- £26.39Trending at £28.41
- £20.75Trending at £21.69
- £10.62Trending at £11.95
- £23.35Trending at £24.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.