All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChallenging the stereotypical images of the dominating male and the subservient woman, this book addresses the variety of representations of gender in Latin American culture. The essays present ethnographic material from Mexico city to the highlands of Ecuador.
- Author BiographyMerit Melhuus has carried out fieldwork in Argentina, Norway and Mexico. She is Professor of Social Anthropology at the University of Oslo. Kristi Anne Stolen is Director and Professor at the Centre for Development and the Environment at the University of Oslo. She is the author of Gender, Power and Social Change in the Argentine Prairie.
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication19/11/1996
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleCritical studies in Latin America series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight369 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byKristi Anne Stolen,Marit Melhuus
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.54
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £10.22Trending at £11.86
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £11.75
- £5.02Trending at £6.51
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.