All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReveals the secrets of card tricks, and the mathematical ideas behind them. This title provides instructions for these tricks, explaining how to set up the effect and offering tips on what to say and do while performing these. It covers the mathematics of juggling and shows how the I Ching connects to the history of probability and magic tricks.
- Author BiographyPersi Diaconis is professor of mathematics and statistics at Stanford University and a professional magician. Ron Graham is professor of mathematics and computer science at the University of California, San Diego, and a professional juggler.
- PrizesWinner of Mathematical Association of America's Euler Book Prize 2013.
- Author(s)Persi Diaconis,Ron Graham
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication03/10/2011
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note133 color illus. 14 halftones. 56 line illus. 10 tables.
- Weight828 g
- Width216 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Foreword byMartin Gardner
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £4.95Trending at £5.00
- £7.83Trending at £7.88
- £4.98Trending at £5.61
- £5.66Trending at £7.06
- £11.95Trending at £12.70
- £32.40Trending at £33.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.