All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explains how to use the popular IOIO board to make USB connected accessories for your Android phone. Four example projects of varying level of difficulty are included, from a simple movement detecting intruder alarm that will call you when triggered, to a robot phone that uses your phone as the basis for a web-controlled surveillance bot.
- Author BiographyDr. Simon Monk has a degree in Cybernetics and Computer Science and a PhD in Software Engineering. Simon spent several years as an academic before he returned to industry, co-founding the mobile software company Momote Ltd. He has been an active electronics hobbyist since his early teens. Simon is author of a number of hobby electronics books including '30 Arduino Projects for the Evil Genius', '15 Dangerously Mad Projects for the Evil Genius' and 'Arduino + Android Projects for the Evil Genius'.
- Author(s)Simon Monk
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication16/03/2012
- GenreComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width178 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine4 mm
Most relevant reviews
- benthemachack04 Dec, 2014by
Very basic and not recommended.
While I have found other books by Simon Monk to be useful I found that this one had very little that you could not find with a few minutes on Google, the projects were basic and subjects such as interfacing I2C devices were not covered at all. Unless you have no idea what to do with the IOIO board then I suggest saving your cash.
Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £52.37Trending at £54.62
- £39.90Trending at £43.64
- £16.05Trending at £17.39
- £7.00Trending at £7.81
- £20.49Trending at £21.75
- £27.85Trending at £28.62
- £8.72Trending at £13.10