All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £8.51Trending at £10.20
- £13.86Trending at £15.69
- £41.00Trending at £49.78
- £8.19Trending at £11.98
- £23.41Trending at £25.40
- £20.64Trending at £22.01
- £17.46Trending at £19.71
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines different proposals on the construction of advanced spacecraft and gates to other regions of space. It covers current theory, latest and ongoing investigations and experiments, and speculation on what might and might not be feasible.
- Author BiographyDr. James F. Woodward is a professor of history emeritus and adjunct professor of physics at California State University Fullerton. Jim earned bachelor's and master's degrees in physics at Middlebury College and New York University (respectively) in the 1960s. From his undergraduate days, his chief interest was in gravitation. For his Ph.D., he changed to the history of science, writing a dissertation on the history of attempts to deal with the problem of action-at-a-distance in gravity theory from the 17th to the early 20th centuries (Ph.D., University of Denver, 1972). On completion of his graduate studies, Jim took a teaching job in the history of science at California State University Fullerton (CSUF), where he has been ever since. Shortly after his arrival at CSUF, he established friendships with colleagues in the Physics Department who helped him set up a small-scale, table-top experimental research program doing offbeat experiments related to gravitation - experiments which continue to this day. In 1980, the faculty of the Physics Department elected Jim to an adjunct professorship in the department in recognition of his ongoing research.
- Author(s)James F. Woodward
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/12/2012
- GenreOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleSpringer Praxis Books / Space Exploration
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 85 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight540 g
- Width168 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.