All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the author of Field Guide to the Wildlife of Costa Rica, which has sold more than 13,500 copiesothe must-have guide to the mammals, amphibians, and reptiles that visitors are most likely to see in Costa Rica, illustrated with striking colour photographs taken in the wild.
- Author BiographyCarrol L. Henderson has headed the Nongame Wildlife Program of the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources since 1977. He is an award-winning wildlife conservationist who has helped bring back eastern bluebirds, bald eagles, peregrine falcons, river otters, and trumpeter swans; an avid wildlife photographer whose images have appeared in the New York Times, Audubon, Birder's World, and Wild Bird; an experienced birding tour leader to Latin America, Kenya, Tanzania, and New Zealand; and the author of many magazine articles and several books. In 2016, the Garden Club of America awarded Henderson the Frances K. Hutchinson Medal, which is given to figures of national importance for distinguished service to conservation. In 2012, he received the Gary T. Myers Bird Conservation Award from the US Fish and Wildlife Service, recognizing him as the top bird conservationist in North America.
- Author(s)Carrol L. Henderson
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleCorrie Herring Hooks Series
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note249 color photos, 9 color figures, 114 color maps
- Weight454 g
- Width3742 mm
- Height5346 mm
- Spine432 mm
- Illustrator(s)Steve Adams
- Foreword byWinifred Hallwachs
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £5.19
- £6.40Trending at £7.38
- £10.25Trending at £11.39
- £12.10Trending at £13.61
- £10.87Trending at £12.77
- £4.50Trending at £6.04
- £23.94Trending at £24.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.