All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis exhaustive review of prostate cancer management covers epidemiology, biology, chemoprevention, screening and diagnosis, therapies including surgery, radiation, high-intensity ultrasound, cryotherapy, and more. Includes up-to-date clinical trial data.
- Author BiographyMichel Bolla M.D. is Professor for Radiation Oncology and Oncology. He received his medical degree at the Joseph Fourier University of Grenoble and had his radiation therapy training at the University Hospital of Grenoble and the Comprehensive Cancer Centre Georges Francois Leclerc in Dijon. He was appointed Professor in 1986 and was particularly involved in the structuring of Oncology at the Grenoble University Hospital: Head of the Radiation Oncology Department (1997-2009), President of the Federation of Oncology (2000-7), President of the Arc Alpin Oncology Network (2002 -2009). Professor Bolla was nominated as President of the French Society of Radiation Oncology (2006-7): he was particularly involved in the definition of radiotherapy quality criteria (Plan Cancer I) and served as project-manager of the French Radiation Therapy Observatory, under the French National cancer Institute and the French Society of Radiation Oncology umbrella. After serving as Secretary of the Radiation Oncology Group of the European Organization on Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) since 1991, Professor Bolla was elected chairman of the Radiation Oncology Group (1997-2000) then member of the EORTC Board (2000-2006). The focus of his clinical research for many years is prostate cancer: indications of adjuvant radiotherapy after radical prostatectomy, combination of androgen deprivation with external irradiation for locally advanced prostate cancer, which earned him several publications on the New England Journal of Medecine and the Lancet. In 2009 the steering Committee of the 2ND European Multidisciplinary Meeting on Urological Cancers (EAU,ESMO, ESTRO) honoured him as recepient of an award for Excellence in Radiation Oncology.As regard screening, he was one of the promoters of breast, cervix and colon and rectal cancers mass screening for women (50-74 years) in Isere (1990) and he is now trying to implement prostate cancer screening in men. Professor Hein Van Poppel M.D., PhD., is the Chair-man of the Department of Urology at the Univers-ity Hospital Gasthuisberg, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, the largest urological training institute in Belgium.He graduated in General Surgery in 1980, in Urology in 1983 and joined the Academic Unit at the KU Leuven after 2 years of postgraduate training in London, Barcelona, Copenhagen, Mainz and Rotter-dam. In 1988, he obtained a PhD in Medical Sciences. He became a Fellow of the European Board of Urology in 1992 and a full Professor of Urology in 1993.He is a board member of the European Association of Urology (EAU), and of the International Consultation on Urological Disease (ICUD). He is study coordinator and treasurer of the EORTC GU Group. He is Chairman of the Educational Office of the EAU and director of the European School of Urology (ESU). He is also member of the American Association of Genito Urinary surgeons (AAGUS). He is president of the Belgian Society of Urology (BVU), Chairman of the Scientific Committee of Europa Uomo and Faculty Member of the European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO). The clinical focus of his work is on genitourinary cancer management and on primary and salvage surgery for kidney, bladder, prostate and testicular malignancies.He is member of numerous scientific organisations in Europe and worldwide and reviewer for the most prominent urological peer review journals.He has published more than 200 papers as first author on uro-oncological surgery and has co-authored more than 250 other papers.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication27/04/2012
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 51 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight907 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byHendrik van Poppel,Michel Bolla
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.60
- £7.85Trending at £8.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £4.98Trending at £5.79
- £14.67Trending at £15.47
- £16.13Trending at £20.42
- £8.49Trending at £8.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.