All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNon-territorial autonomy (NTA) is a statecraft tool aimed at respecting the rights of ethnic and cultural minority groups. This volume examines the non-territorial institutional and public administration functions of NTA, providing policy-makers and ethno-cultural groups the tools to promote social cohesion while respecting diversity.
- Author BiographyTove H. Malloy is Director of the European Centre for Minority Issues in Flensburg, Germany. She teaches at the Europa-University, Flensburg. She holds a PhD in political theory and specializes in the political and legal aspects of national and ethnic minority rights in International Law and International Relations, especially in the European context. She is currently a member of the Advisory Committee on the European Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities, elected by the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe in respect of Denmark. She is the author of National Minority Rights in Europe (OUP, 2005) as well as several edited books and numerous articles. Her main research interests include minority citizenship, agonistic democracy, ethno-ecologism, minority indicators, and inter-sectional discrimination. In addition to her academic career, Malloy has served as a diplomat in the Danish Foreign Service. Alexander Osipov is a Senior Research Associate of the European Centre for Minority Issues (Flensburg, Germany) and the head of ECMI's Justice & Governance Cluster. He is a historian, sociologist, and lawyer by background. Currently his research interests include ethnic and racial discrimination, non-territorial autonomy, and models of diversity policies. He is also conducting research on post-communist transformation in Belarus, Ukraine and Moldova. He previosly worked in a human right organization and carried out a number of research and human rights advocacy projects in Russia. Balazs Vizi is a lawyer and holds a PhD in political science. He has specialized in international human and minority rights protection. He is senior researcher at the Institute for Minority Studies, Centre for Social Science of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, and an Associate Professor at the Department of International and European Law of the National University of Public Service (Budapest). He is a senior non-resident researcher of the European Centre for Minority Issues. He is author of several publications on minority issues in the context of the European Union and co-editor of several books on minority rights protection. His main research interest cover the political and linguistic rights of minorities, minority issues, European integration, and citizenship policies.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication23/07/2015
- GenreLaw: General & Reference
- Series TitleMinorities & Non-Territorial Autonomy
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight652 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byAlexander Osipov,Balazs Vizi,Tove H. Malloy
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £7.75Trending at £7.99
- £4.98Trending at £5.61
- £5.66Trending at £7.06
- £12.03Trending at £12.70
- £32.40Trending at £33.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.