All listings for this product
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £22.00Trending at £27.90
- £39.99Trending at £42.18
- £13.79Trending at £15.50
- £8.81Trending at £14.94
- £20.45Trending at £21.07
- £18.73Trending at £21.04
- £2.80Trending at £4.34
About this product
- DescriptionCombining field practices in actual workplaces with frontline theoretical arguments in human resource management and industrial relations, this book examines the validity of the 'converging divergences' thesis in employment relations for India. It also identifies the sources of variations in employment relation practices.
- Author BiographySubesh Das is presently working as the Principal Secretary to the Government of West Bengal. He joined the Indian Administrative Service in 1982 and worked in different positions for the Government of West Bengal. During 1995-1996, he received a fellowship under the Colombo Plan for training in the United Kingdom and earned a master's degree in Economics in Social Development at the Centre of Development Studies, University of Swansea, UK. He worked as Labor Commissioner, West Bengal, in two phases: 1992-1995 and 1996-1999. As Labor Commissioner he was engaged in matters relating to conciliation of industrial disputes, enforcement of labor laws and collective bargaining agreements, labor welfare, and labor rights in West Bengal. After working in the government for seventeen years, Mr Das joined the Ph.D. program in the School of Industrial and Labor Relations, Cornell University, United States. He has published articles in journals and edited volumes.
- Author(s)Subesh Das
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication12/02/2010
- GenreIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.