All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe novel approach of this casebook encourages the student to determine how they would act and work towards a resolution of real-world dilemmas.
- Author BiographyMichael J. Austin (Ph.D., Social Work; MSPH, Public Health, University of Pittsburgh) is Milton and Florence Krenz Mack Distinguished Professor of Nonprofit Management at the University of California, Berkeley, where the teaches a wide range of courses, including Assessing the Dynamics of Communities, Groups and Organizations, Management Practice, Research Resources, and Assessing Nonprofit Organizations. His research interests are nonprofit management and planning, organizational change, and policy implementation. He is the author or co-author of a wide range of books and journal articles. Ralph Brody, Ph.D. passed away on February 8, 2006. Dr. Brody was previously on the faculty of Cleveland State University where he taught social policy and human service administration. He also taught graduate courses on human service delivery models at Case Western Reserve University. Previously, he served for fifteen years as the executive director of the Federation for Community Planning, an organization that provides research, planning and advocacy on health and human services. Dr. Brody authored books on case management, the state legislative process, fundraising events, community problem solving, service learning, and macro practice. Dr. Brody's many years as a manager and teacher convinced him that the issues facing those in human service organizations were universal and applied to boards of directors as well as NGOs. He dedicated himself to developing tools to enhance the understanding and skills of those in leadership roles, from Cleveland to India, Spain, Ghana, Ethiopia, Egypt and Nigeria. His frequent workshops in Kenya led to the translation of his casebook into the Swahili language. His co-authored book with Dr. Nair: Grassroot Development - Establishing Successful Microenterprises has been published in English and Malayalam language. Dr. Brody's work touched millions, and his contributions will continue to educate, inform and inspire future students and professionals in human services field.
- Author(s)Dr. Ralph Brody,Michael J. Austin,Thomas R. Packard
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication04/09/2008
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight411 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £5.96Trending at £6.38
- £23.94Trending at £24.69
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £4.53Trending at £6.44
- £6.52Trending at £6.86
- £6.75Trending at £7.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.