All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the world of communications as a space of mobility that overlaps uneasily with the world of sovereign, territorial nation-states. This book investigates specific policy problems encountered as international organizations try to manage a space that contradicts and supports existing systems of governance, identity, and technology.
- Author BiographyStephen D. McDowell is John H. Phipps Professor of Communication and Chair of the Department of Communication at Florida State University. He is the author of Globalization, Liberalization, and Policy Change: A Political Economy of India's Communications Sector. Philip E. Steinberg is an Associate Professor of Geography at Florida State University. He is the author of The Social Construction of the Ocean and co-editor (with Rob Shields) of The Urban After Katrina: Place, Community, Connections, and Memory. Tami K. Tomasello is an Assistant Professor in the School of Communication, East Carolina University.
- Author(s)Philip E. Steinberg,Stephen D. McDowell,Tami K. Tomasello
- PublisherTemple University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication25/01/2008
- GenreCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTemple University Press,U.S.
- Weight286 g
- Width3564 mm
- Height5346 mm
- Spine585 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.38
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £10.25Trending at £11.39
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £30.34Trending at £30.96
- £6.52Trending at £7.00
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.