All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy getting results should be every nonprofit manager's first priority A nonprofit manager's fundamental job is to get results, sustained over time, rather than boost morale or promote staff development. This is a shift from the tenor of many management books, particularly in the nonprofit world.
- Author BiographyJerry Hauser is co-founder and CEO of The Management Center, a nonprofit consulting firm. He previously served as COO of Teach For America where he helped grow the organization from $8 million to $38 million in annual revenue and from 3,000 to 17,000 applicants annually. Jerry was an associate at McKinsey & Company and holds a J.D. from Yale Law School and a B.A. from Duke University. Jerry writes and speaks extensively on nonprofit management and leadership. Alison Green writes a weekly column on career and management for the Money section of U.S. News & World Report's website. She is also the founder of the popular Ask a Manager website and blog. Alison was the communications and publications director for two grassroots advocacy organizations and spent six years as a staff writer and campaign coordinator for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). Her writings have been published in The Washington Post, The New York Times, and more than 250 other newspapers. The Management Center Founded in 2006, The Management Center works with nonprofit senior managers and staff, delivering intensive one-on-one coaching and training in the fundamentals of effective management. The Management Center has worked with more than 50 organizations, including the NAACP, Center for Community Change, Democracia USA, Media Matters for America, and the New Organizing Institute.
- Author(s)Alison Green,Jerry Hauser
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication10/04/2012
- GenreManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight400 g
- Width180 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £21.00Trending at £27.98
- £27.03Trending at £28.54
- £39.99Trending at £42.10
- £35.99Trending at £36.42
- £12.89Trending at £15.46
- £7.79Trending at £14.91
- £26.57Trending at £28.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.