All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPurportedly expressing the so-called 'new humanism' in organisational and institutional development, this volume uses a series of imaginary dialogues to explore the conflict between rampant capitalism and the pressing need for some ethical input into business.
- Author BiographyProf N.K.Singh had been a Management Advisor with UNDP Headquarters in New York and studied key issues in performance, including human resource development and institutional effectiveness in the Sub-Saharan countries. A report on Human Resources and Institutional development was prepared by him along with a team of Consultants from other UN agencies and has been published by UNDP. Earlier, as Management Advisor with International Civil Aviation organization (ICAO), he did research and consultancy during 1989-91 for the governments of Tanzania, Ethiopia and Malawi, besides work at ICAO Headquarters, Montreal. On UNDP project, he developed two management courses and taught MBA students at Bishkek International Business School, Kyrgyzstan. Prior to 1981, he worked in the public sector steel industry (SAIL) for two decades and was actively associated with productivity and management movement. He was Chairman, Management Development Institute and Professor of organizational Behavior (1985-86). He was Chairman, International Airports Authority of India (IAAI) from 1986 to 1989 and member of the board of Air India and Indian Airlines. He is founder and former President of Foundation for Organisational research and Education (FORE), and its School of Management in Delhi. He also headed the Planning Commission of India's Task force on 'Self managed institutions for Integrated Development' in 1992. He was part-time Chairman, National Shipping Board, Ministry of Surface Transport (1992-97). He was conferred Honorary Professorship by Morton Institute of Management, Brisbane, Australia. He had been Member of the Board and Professor at Brussels School of Management, Brussels for masters in Cross- cultural management. He is an author of 12 books on management, three poetry books and an organizational novel, besides a number of research papers.
- Author(s)N. K. Singh
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication06/03/2012
- GenreManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleManagement for Professionals
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Notebiography
- Weight330 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2012
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.15
- £23.12Trending at £35.14
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.36
- £17.16Trending at £22.84
- £4.99Trending at £6.18
- £18.99Trending at £34.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.