CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £23.99
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive summary of species distribution modeling methods integrating ecological and statistical models with spatial data, and a framework for implementation.
- Author BiographyJanet Franklin has been a Professor of Biology and Adjunct Professor of Geography at San Diego State University, where she was on the faculty from 1988-2009. In 2009 she joined the faculty of Arizona State University as a Professor in the Schools of Geographical Sciences and Life Sciences. She received the Bachelors' degree on Environmental Biology (1979), the Master of Arts (1983), and the PhD (1988) in Geography, all from the University of California, Santa Barbara. Her research interests include biogeography, landscape ecology, plant ecology, biophysical remote sensing, digital terrain analysis, and geographic information science. She has conducted research on plant community composition, structure, dynamics and spatio-temporal patterns in Mediterranean-climate ecosystems, deserts, tropical dry forests and rain forests. She was the Editor of The Professional Geographer (1997-2000) Board Member of Landscape Ecology (2000-5), and Associate Editor of Journal of Vegetation Science (1999-2006). She is currently a Board Member of Ecology and Diversity and Distributions. She has published more than 80 refereed book chapters and papers in journals Ecological Applications, Ecological Modelling, the Journal of Vegetation Science, Ecology, Diversity and Distributions, the Journal of Tropical Ecology and Conservation Biology. She has received research support from NSF, NASA, USGS, Forest Service, California State Parks, National Geographic Society, and others.
- Author(s)Janet Franklin
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication07/01/2010
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEcology, Biodiversity and Conservation
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note37 b/w illus. 20 tables
- Weight520 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.