All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis translation, with a new introduction by Gerard Fergerson, provides modern readers with interesting insights into the inconsistencies and injustices of democratic Jacksonian society.
- Author BiographyGustave de Beaumont (1802-1866) is primarily remembered as Alexis de Tocqueville's travel companion and literary executor. He was co-author, with Tocqueville, of On the Penitentiary System in the United States.
- Author(s)Gustave de Beaumont
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication10/12/1998
- Language(s)English & French
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleRace in the Americas
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight432 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Translated byBarbara Chapman
- Introduction byGerard Fergerson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 17
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.44Trending at £5.07
- £7.59Trending at £9.23
- £7.99Trending at £11.10
- £11.90Trending at £15.58
- £6.90Trending at £8.83
- £10.74Trending at £11.62
- £7.49Trending at £8.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.