All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
About this product
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication02/04/2013
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1591 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byDavid J. Harvey,Gabriel G. Nahas,Kenneth M. Sutin,Stig Agurell
- Contained items statement2 Paperbacks
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1999
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction: Marihuana and Medicine-A Historical Review. A Brief History of Four Millennia (BC 2000-AD 1974), Helene Peters. The Helsinki Symposium (1975), Gabriel G. Nahas and W. D. M. Paton. The Reims Symposium (1978), Gabriel G. Nahas, W. D. M. Paton, and D. J. Harvey. Conflicting Reports on Marihuana and Health (1981-1982), A. S. Relman and C. Everett Koop. The Louisville Symposium of the American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (1982), Stig Agurell, William L. Dewey, and Robert E. Willete. The Oxford Symposium 'Marihuana '84', David J. Harvey, W. D. M. Paton and Gabriel G. Nahas. The Paris Symposium of the French 'National Academie de Medicine' (1992), Jacques Chirac, Henri Baruk, Paul Lechat, and Henri Baylon. The 1997 Medical Controversy over the Legalization of Marihuana for Medicine in the United States, Jerome P. Kassirer, Gabriel G. Nahas, Kenneth Sutin, W. Manger, and G. Hyman. Part I. Chemistry and Pharmacokinetics. Cannabinoid Geometry and Biological Activity, RaphaelMechoulam, W. A. Devane, and R. Glaser. Absorption, Distribution, and Biotransformation of the Cannabinoids, David J. Harvey. Pharmacokinetics of THC in Inhaled and Oral Preparations, Marilyn Huestis. Pharmacokinetics and Mechanisms of Action of Analgesics in Clinical Pain, John E. Stambaugh. D9-THC Hemisuccinate in Suppository Form as an Alternative to Oral and Smoked THC, Larry A. Walker, Ernest C. Harland, Allyson M. Best, and Mahmoud A. ElSohly. Composition and Stability of a Standard Marihuana Cigarette, Brian F. Thomas, Victor L. Parker, Lillian W. Caddell, Larry V. Jones, Surinder K.Sabharwal, Andy I. McDaniel, Alison R. Keimowitz, Nicole M. Scheffler, E. Dale Hart, John M. Mitchell, and Kenneth H. Davis, Jr..Study Design Considerations in Clinical Trials with Marihuana, Reese T. Jones. Part II. Biochemistry and Molecular Mechanisms. Effects of THC on Brain and Social Organizationof Ants, Peter Waser. Studies of the Brain Cannabinoid System Using Positron and Single-Photon Emission Tomography, S. John Gatley, Nora D. Volkow, and Alexandros Makriyannis. Cannabinoid Receptors and Their Ligands in Brain and Other Tissues, Roger G. Pertwee. Cannabinoid Interaction with Brain Reward Systems, Eliot L. Gardner. Dependence, Tolerance, and Alteration in Gene Expression, Noboru Hiroi. Cocaine and a Mechanism for Long-Term Changes in Gene Expression, Bruce T. Hope. Cannabonoids and the Cholinergic System, Edward F. Domino. Marihuana: Acute Effects on Human Memory, Loren L. Miller. Does THC Induce Aggression?: Suppression and Induction of Aggressive Reactions by Chronic and Acute D9-Tetrahydrocannabinol Treatment in Laboratory Rats, Klaus A.Miczek. Part III. Pharmacology and Physiopathology. The Psychology and Physiologic Effects of Active Cannabinoids, Mario Perez-Reyes. Physiological and Pharmacological Interactions of Marihuana (THC) with Drugs and Anesthetics, Kenneth M. Sutin and Gabriel G. Nahas. Interactions of Marihuana and THC with Other Drugs: What We Don't, But Should, Know, Leo E. Hollister. Marihuana and the Lung, Donald P. Tashkin. Marihuana Smoking, a Possible Carcinogen or Cocarcinogen, George Hyman. Cardiovascular Effects of Marihuana and Cannabinoids, Renaud Trouve and Gabriel Nahas. The Immune Response and Marihuana, Harris Rosenkrantz. Marihuana and the Immune System, Guy A. Cabral. How to Design the Ideal Drug of the Future, Paul Janssen. Part IV. Marihuana and Reproductive Function. Cannabinoid Receptors in Sperm, Herbert Schuel, Michael C. Chang, Lani J. Burkman, Robert P. Picone, AlexandrosMakriyannis, Arthur M. Zimmerman, and Selma Zimmerman. Effects of Cannabinoids on Spermatogenesis in Mice, Arthur M. Zimmerman, Selma Zimmerman, and A. Yesoda Raj. Effects of Marihuana Inhalation on Spermatogenesis of the Rat, Hosea F. S. Huang, Gabriel G. Nahas, and Wylie C. Hembree III. Changes in Human Spermatozoa Associa
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.