Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £11.00Trending at £11.60
- £15.88Trending at £17.13
- £11.94Trending at £12.57
- £8.70Trending at £8.83
- £8.91Trending at £10.87
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £4.71Trending at £5.02
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on advancements over the last decade, this book gives advanced undergraduate and graduate students a current overview of what is known about the structure and organisation of the assemblages of organisms that live in the ocean, with each chapter written by leading researchers.
- Author BiographyMark Bertness is Robert Brown Professor of Biology at Brown University, USA. His research focuses on the structure, dynamics and conservation of shoreline communities - particularly salt marsh plant communities - and the sessile invertebrate and seaweed communities of rocky shores. John Bruno is a marine ecologist and Professor at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA. His research is focused on marine biodiversity, coral reef ecology and conservation, and the impacts of climate change on marine ecosystems. He is co-developer of the oceans website SeaMonster (www.theseamonster.net). Brian Silliman is the Rachel Carson Associate Professor of Marine Conservation Biology in the Nicholas School of the Environment at Duke University, USA. Dr. Silliman was named a David H. Smith Conservation Fellow with The Nature Conservancy in 2004 and a Visiting Professor with the Royal Netherlands Society of Arts and Sciences in 2011. He has also received several awards, including the Young Investigator Award from the American Society of Naturalists (2006), a Young Investigator Grant Award from the Andrew Mellon Foundation (2007), and a NSF Career Grant Award (2011). Jay Stachowicz is Professor of Ecology and Evolution at The University of California Davis, USA. Dr. Stachowicz co-edited the book Species Invasions: Insights into Ecology, Evolution, and Biogeography, published by Sinauer Associates in 2005. He was awarded the George Mercer Prize from the Ecological Society of America in 2004 and the UC Davis Academic Senate Teaching Award in 2012. He is also an Aldo Leopold Leadership Fellow.
- PublisherSinauer Associates Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication25/02/2014
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationSunderland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSinauer Associates Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight1690 g
- Width223 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byBrian R. Silliman,John F. Bruno,John J. Stachowicz,Mark D. Bertness
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.