All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn the essentials of marine diesel propulsion engines ranging from 1,000 to 80,000 horsepower. This excellent handbook for marine engineers emphasizes fundamentals and includes 130 detailed illustrations and formulas.
- Author BiographyDaniel P. Charnews, a full professor of Marine Engineering, has taught at the United States Merchant Marine Academy for three decades, receiving the Alice B. McNulty Award for Excellence in Distinguished Teaching. Charnews is a registered Professional Engineer in New York. He holds a Bachelor of Marine Engineering with Honors from New York Maritime College, and an Ocean Engineers degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the Woods Hold Oceanography Institution. The author has earned a First Assistant Engineers License, Unlimited Horsepower Steam and Diesel from the United States Coast Guard. He has coauthored several papers on diesel engine combustion and presented a paper on Diesel Engine Room Simulation in Nantes, France. Charnews is a member of the American Society of Engineering Educators (ASEE) and the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME).
- Author(s)Daniel P. Charnews
- PublisherCornell Maritime Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- GenreShips & Waterways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationCentreville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCornell Maritime Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note130 illustrations
- Weight460 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Transport
Save on Transport
- £6.59Trending at £7.28
- £22.29Trending at £29.99
- £9.96Trending at £17.48
- £11.69Trending at £15.79
- £20.99Trending at £21.99
- £54.79Trending at £68.69
- £34.57Trending at £40.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.