All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarine Geochemistry offers a fully comprehensive and integrated treatment of the chemistry of the oceans, their sediments and biota. The first edition of the book received strong critical acclaim and was described as a standard text for years to come.
- Author BiographyRoy Chester recently retired from his post as the Proudman Professor of Oceanography in what was then the Department of Earth Sciences at the University of Liverpool. During his career he wrote over 140 scientific publications, and in 1999 was awarded the Hans Pettersson Bronze Medal by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences. He is also the author of Furnace of Creation, Cradle of Destruction - A journey to the birthplace of Earthquakes, Volcanoes and Tsunamis . Tim Jickells is a marine biogeochemist with over 150 publications. He has been based at the University of East Anglia for more than 25 years and before that worked in Bermuda and Scotland. His main research interests are in atmospheric inputs to the oceans and coastal nutrient cycling and his field work has included tropical, temperate and polar environments. He was awarded the Challenger medal in 2006.
- Author(s)Roy Chester,T. D. Jickells
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication21/09/2012
- GenreEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, maps, figures, colour plates
- Weight944 g
- Width188 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.