All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLays bare the mechanisms of the contemporary outdoor market by providing a definitive account of the centuries-old institution at Carpentras, a city near Avignon in the south of France famous for its quintessential public street market. This book offers captivating descriptions of goods and the friendly exchanges between buyers and sellers.
- Author BiographyMichele de La Pradelle (1944-2004) was director of studies at l'Ecole des hautes etudes en sciences sociales and author of Paris Luxe and Urbanisation et enjeux quotidiens. Amy Jacobs has translated a number of books, including An Anthropology for Contemporaneous Worlds by Marc Auge.
- Author(s)Michele de la Pradelle
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication11/04/2006
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleFieldwork Encounters and Discoveries
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note2 maps, 12halftones
- Weight540 g
- Width180 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byAmy Jacobs
- Foreword byJack Katz
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.10
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.98
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.