All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn investor's guide to understanding the most elusive (yet most important) aspect of successful investing - yourself. Why is it that the investing performance of so many smart people reliably and predictably falls short? The answer is not that they know too little about the markets.
- Author BiographyRICHARD L. PETERSON works at the intersection of the mind and markets. He is co-founder of MarketPsych LLC, where he trains financial advisers, portfolio managers, traders, and executives in emotion management and intuitive decision skills. Peterson is also Managing Director at MarketPsy Capital LLC, a psychology-based asset-management firm. Additionally, he operates MarketPsychAdvisor.com which offers investors real-time market psychological intelligence on individual stocks, ETFs, and markets. Peterson is the author of the Wiley title Inside the Investor's Brain, which was praised as exceptionally well-written and outstanding by Barron's. His financial psychology research has been published in leading academic journals and textbooks, and he is an Associate Editor of the Journal of Behavioral Finance. Peterson has degrees in electrical engineering, arts, and medicine from the University of Texas. He is a Board-certified psychiatrist and performed post-doctoral studies in neuroeconomics at Stanford University. Peterson lives in Los Angeles with his wife and two daughters. FRANK F. MURTHA received his PhD in counseling psychology from the University at Buffalo in 2001. He went on to join the consulting firm, RHR International LLP where he developed senior executives in leadership and pioneered a specialty in the new field of behavioral finance. In 2003 Murtha cofounded MarketPsych LLC, where he has led hundreds of workshops and trainings on applied investing psychology. Murtha's clients have included investment banks, financial services companies, and day trading firms, where he has coached financial advisors, analysts, and portfolio managers in reaching peak performance. Murtha has taught at numerous universities and is adjunct faculty at New York University. He is a recognized gambling and behavioral finance content expert and frequent contributor on the subject of investing psychology for print and electronic news media. Murtha lives in New York City with his wife and son.
- Author(s)Frank F. Murtha,Richard L. Peterson
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication21/09/2010
- GenreFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleWiley Finance Series
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight462 g
- Width156 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £11.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.