All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSteven Mackintosh stars as Martin Beck, with Neil Pearson as Lennart Kollberg, in this BBC Radio 4 dramatisation of The Fire Engine that Disappeared. The Martin Beck books are widely acknowledged as some of the most influential detective novels ever written. Written by Swedish husband and wife team Maj Sjowall and Per Wahloo.
- Author BiographyPer Wahloo (Author) Born in 1926, Per Wahloo was a Swedish writer and journalist who, alongside his own novels, collaborated with his wife, Maj Sjowall, on the bestselling Martin Beck crime series which are credited as inspiring writers as varied as Agatha Christie, Henning Mankell and Jonathan Franzen. In 1971 the fourth novel in the series, The Laughing Policeman, won an Edgar Award from the Mystery Writers of America. Per Wahloo died in 1975.
- Author(s)Joan Tate,Maj Sjowall,Per Wahloo
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication06/12/2012
- GenreCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleA Martin Beck Mystery
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Weight90 g
- Width125 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Translated byJoan Tate
- Read byNeil Pearson,Steven Mackintosh,Full Cast
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time57
- Edition StatementA&M
Best selling in Other Fiction
Save on Other Fiction
- £14.98Trending at £15.79
- £26.85Trending at £28.35
- £9.99Trending at £11.74
- £3.69Trending at £6.27
- £2.68Trending at £2.94
- £5.73Trending at £9.48
- £14.67Trending at £15.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.