All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCovers modern audio techniques, from digital sound recording in the studio to sound for digital video and film. This book deals with basic physics, essential equipment, recording methods, and digital signal processing techniques - information needed to produce audio in the studio, or for video and film work.
- Author BiographyJerry C. Whitaker is Technical Director of the Advanced Television Systems Committe (ATSC), Washington, DC. He was previously President of Technical Press, a consulting company based in the San Jose (CA) area. Mr. Whitaker has been involved in various aspects of the electronics industry for over 25 years, with specialization in communications. Current book titles include the following: * Editor-in-Chief, Standard Handbook of Video and Television Engineering, 3rd Ed., McGraw-Hill, 2000 * Editor-in-Chief, Standard Handbook of Audio and Radio Engineeing, 2nd Ed., McGraw-Hill, 2001 * DTV Handbook, 3rd Ed., McGraw-Hill, 2001 * Editor, Video Displays, McGraw-Hill, 2000 * Editor, Television Receivers, McGraw-Hill, 2001 * Editor, Audio and Video Professional's Field Manual, McGraw-Hill, 2001 * Editor, Master Handbook of Video Production, McGraw-Hill, 2002 * Radio Frequency Transmission Systems: Design and Operation, McGraw-Hill, 1990 * Maintaining Electronic Systems, 2nd Ed., CRC Press, 2001 * Editor-in-Chief, The Electronics Handbook, CRC Press, 1996 * AC Power Systems Handbook, 2nd Ed., CRC Press, 1999 * Power Vacuum Tubes Handbook, 2nd Ed., CRC Press, 1999 * The Communications Facility Design Handbook, CRC Press, 2000 * The Resource Handbook of Electronics, CRC Press, 2000 * Co-author, Communications Receivers, 3nd Ed., McGraw-Hill, 2000 Mr. Whitaker has lectured extensively on the topic of electronic systems design, installation, and maintenance. He is the former editorial director and associate publisher of Broadcast Engineering and Video Systems magazines, and a former radio station chief engineer and television news producer. Mr. Whitaker is a Fellow of the Society of Broadcast Engineers and an SBE-certified professional broadcast engineer. He is also a fellow of the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers, and a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. Mr. Whitaker has twice received a Jesse H. Neal Award Certificate of Merit from the Association of Business Publishers for editorial excellence. He has also been recognized as Educator of the Year by the Society of Broadcast Engineers. Mr. Whitaker resides in Morgan Hill, California.
- Author(s)Jerry Whitaker
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/10/2002
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleDigital Media
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Publishing Co.
- Out-of-print date05/04/2008
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight766 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJerry Whitaker
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £5.19
- £6.40Trending at £7.38
- £10.25Trending at £11.39
- £12.10Trending at £13.61
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £4.68Trending at £6.04
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.