All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.71
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.15
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.90Trending at £12.96
- £5.89Trending at £6.34
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
About this product
- DescriptionOffers a collection of important works of Jewish tradition and culture. This title includes literature that spans many genres, from fiction and poetry to legal, ethical, and midrashic works; from responsa and Biblical commentary to histories and letters.
- Author BiographyCurt Leviant is a prolific author and translator. Having taught Jewish Studies at Rutgers University, he has translated many great works of Yiddish literature. He served as translator on five Sholem Aleichem collections and on four of Chaim Grade's novels, including The Agunah and The Yeshiva, which won a National Jewish Book Award. His translation of Aleichem's Song of Songs was adapted into an Off-Broadway musical. He has also written a number of novels including The Yemenite Girl, Passion in the Desert, and The Man Who Thought He Was the Messiah, and the novellas Ladies and Gentlemen, the Original Music of the Hebrew Alphabet and Weekend in Mustara.
- Author(s)Curt Leviant
- PublisherJewish Publication Society
- Date of Publication07/10/2008
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJewish Publication Society
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight748 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byCurt Leviant
- Introduction byCurt Leviant
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.