All listings for this product
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £109.99Trending at £123.46
- £6.80Trending at £7.69
- £14.34Trending at £14.60
- £23.91Trending at £29.71
- £36.27Trending at £37.44
- £28.35Trending at £31.99
- £28.91Trending at £37.40
About this product
- Author(s)Matthew Santa,Stefan Kostka
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication01/07/2011
- GenreThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPearson Education (US)
- Out-of-print date07/08/2012
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight452 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsChapter 1 The Twilight of the Tonal System. Chapter 2 Scale Formations in Post-Tonal Music. Chapter 3 The Vertical Dimension: Chords and Simultaneities. Chapter 4 The Horizontal Dimension: Melody and Voice Leading. Chapter 5 Harmonic Progression and Tonality. Chapter 6 Developments in Rhythm. Chapter 7 Form in Post-Tonal Music. Chapter 8 Imports and Allusions. Chapter 9 Nonserial Atonality. Chapter 10 Classical Serialism. Chapter 11 Timbre and Texture: Acoustic. Chapter 12 Timbre and Texture: Electronic. Chapter 13 Serialism After 1945. Chapter 14 The Roles of Chance and Choice in Post-Tonal Music. Chapter 15 Minimalism and Beyond.
- Author BiographyStefan Kostka received his Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin and served on the faculties of The Eastman School of Music and the University of Texas at Austin. In addition to Materials and Techniques of Post-Tonal Music, he is the author (with Roger Graybill) of Anthology of Music for Analysis and (with Dorothy Payne) of Tonal Harmony, With an Introduction to Twentieth Century Music. Kostka is now a University of Texas Professor Emeritus, and resides in northwest Massachusetts.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.