All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBridges the gap between construction materials and design sensibility. Introduction to each material type - glass, concrete, wood, metal, plastic and masonry units - with new text describing its history and significance. Accessible case studies highlight recent advances in design and construction around the world.
- Author BiographyVictoria Ballard Bell is a licensed architect, with MA degrees from the University of Virginia in both architecture and urban planning. The recipient of the Alpha Rho Chi medal for leadership, scholarship and service, she was also a Frederick P. Rose Fellow. She practices in Raleigh, North Carolina. Patrick Rand, FAIA, is a Distinguished Professor of Architecture at NC State University, where his research focuses on the relationship between design and construction technologies. He has won many teaching awards and was named by Design Intelligence as one of the nation's 30 Most Admired design educators in 2013. Rand maintains a small architecture and consulting practice.
- Author(s)Patrick J. Rand,Victoria Ballard Bell
- PublisherLaurence King Publishing
- Date of Publication10/02/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintLaurence King Publishing
- Content Note525 illustrations, 275 in colour
- Weight1140 g
- Width203 mm
- Height273 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £7.45Trending at £7.82
- £29.50Trending at £41.52
- £27.37Trending at £28.13
- £26.39Trending at £27.68
- £20.75Trending at £21.13
- £10.62Trending at £11.64
- £23.35Trending at £23.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.