All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.54
- £13.11Trending at £19.98
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £10.99Trending at £19.99
- £18.33Trending at £24.00
- £7.00Trending at £8.50
- £14.76Trending at £17.25
About this product
- DescriptionWorking with these two radically different depictions of the body - one hand carved, the other mechanically made - was a foundational method for Henri Matisse and crucial to the development of his pre-World War I abstraction. This title repositions Matisse's sculptural practice, particularly in regard to its investigations of race and sexuality.
- Author BiographyEllen McBreen is assistant professor in the department of art and art history at Wheaton College in Norton, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Ellen McBreen
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication12/09/2014
- GenreIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note50 color + 100 b-w illus.
- Weight1596 g
- Width228 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.