All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaximum Climbing is written for climbers of all ability and climbing preferences. Mental skills are largely inseparable from the technical and tactical skills needed to excel at bouldering, sport climbing, traditional and big wall climbing, alpine climbing and mountaineering.
- Author BiographyAn accomplished climber of more than thirty years, Eric J. Horst (pronounced hurst) has climbed extensively across the United States and has established hundreds of first ascents on his home crags in the eastern US. A student and teacher of climbing performance, Eric has personally helped train hundreds of climbers, and his training books and concepts have spread to climbers in more than fifty countries. He is widely recognized for his innovative practice methods and training techniques, and since 1994 he has served as a training products design consultant and online Training Center editor for Nicros, Inc., a leading manufacturer of climbing walls and handholds. Eric is author of Training for Climbing, Conditioning for Climbers, How to Climb 5.12, and Learning to Climb Indoors, all of which have foreign translations. His articles and photos have been published in many outdoor and fitness magazines including Climbing, Rock and Ice, Dead Point, Urban Climber, Outside, National Geographic Adventure, Men's Health, Muscle and Fitness, Experience Life, and Men's Journal, and he has appeared on numerous TV broadcasts and produces Training Tip for PodClimber.com. Visit Eric's Web site, TrainingForClimbing.com, for training articles and information on all his books, or to schedule a training seminar, an editorial interview, or speaking engagement. Eric currently lives in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, with his wife, Lisa Ann, and his sons, Cameron and Jonathan.
- Author(s)Eric J. Horst
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- GenreFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Series TitleHow to Climb Series
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFalcon Guides
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight35 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.