All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew collection from well-loved and experimental Trinidadian poet, and 2014 Forward Prize judge
- Author BiographyBorn in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, Vahni Capildeo has lived in the UK since 1991, where she has published four poetry collections including Undraining Sea (2009), Dark & Unaccustomed Words (2012) - longlisted for the 2013 OCM Bocas Prize for Caribbean Literature - and Utter (2013). She read English at Christ Church, Oxford and subsequently became a Rhodes Scholar there, studying Old Norse and translation theory, before undertaking a Research Fellowship at Girton College, Cambridge. It was there that she completed her first two books, No Traveller Returns (2003) and Person Animal Figure (2005). A long-time contributing editor to the Caribbean Review of Books, she is also contributing advisor to Black Box Manifold. In addition to poetry she also writes prose; excerpts from her book-length work One Skattered Skeleton have been published in various places, including Ian Sinclair's London: City of Disappearances (2006).
- PrizesWinner of Forward Poetry Prize: Best Collection 2016. Shortlisted for T S Eliot Prize 2016.
- Author(s)Vahni Capildeo
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication28/01/2016
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
- Weight159 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine135 mm
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.98Trending at £7.03
- £24.87Trending at £25.19
- £15.74Trending at £22.99
- £10.61Trending at £11.13
- £8.99Trending at £11.97
- £16.97Trending at £19.95
- £7.98Trending at £8.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.