All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDescribes the design process for students of mechanical engineering. This work introduces the reader to the concept that engineering design is applicable to the entire process of product manufacture. It considers various phases of product design, including marketing, conceptualisation, embodiment, detailing, manufacture and retailing.
- Author BiographyPeter Childs is the Professorial Lead in Engineering Design at the Imperial College London and Joint Course Director for the Innovation Design Engineering program run in conjunction with the Royal College of Art, London. He has spent the last 20 years actively involved in industrial research and development, including projects for the likes of Ford, Rolls-Royce, Siemens, Alstom, DaimlerChrysler and Volvo. He is a fellow of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, and has won the American Society of Mechanical Engineers International Gas Turbine Institute John P Davies award for exceptional contribution to the literature of gas turbine technology.
- Author(s)Peter R. N. Childs
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication28/08/1998
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content NoteApprox. 100 illustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £5.19
- £6.40Trending at £7.38
- £10.25Trending at £11.39
- £12.10Trending at £13.61
- £10.87Trending at £12.77
- £4.50Trending at £6.04
- £23.94Trending at £24.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.